Privacy & cookies policy
We ask you to read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information about who we are, how and why we collect, store and share your personal data, your rights in relation to your personal data and how to contact us or relevant supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Tank Puffin collects personal data from individuals themselves and may use this data for any of the purposes described in this privacy statement. Personal data is any information relating to an individual. We process this data for numerous purposes and the means of collection, lawful basis of processing, use, disclosure and retention periods for each purpose may differ. When collecting and using personal data our policy is to be transparent about why and how we process personal data.
We take the security of all data held seriously and have an appropriate security measure in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used, or accessed unlawfully.
Sharing of Personal Data
Personal data held by us may be transferred to:
- Third party organisations that provide support to us in providing our services and to help provide, run and manage our internal IT systems & website.
- Third parties for specific reasons as authorised by the individual.
Lawful Basis for Using Personal Data
We only use data where we have a lawful basis to do so. This includes:
- To comply with our legal obligations
Data Controller & Contact Information
The data controller is Tank Puffin. If you have any questions about this privacy statement or how and why we process personal data, please contact us at:
Data Protection Officer
240a High Street
Essex, CM16 4AP
Telephone 01992 579 797
Individuals Rights & How to Exercise Them
Individuals have certain rights over their personal data and as data controllers Tank Puffin are responsible for fulfilling the following rights:
- Access to Personal Data - you have a right of access to personal data held by us. We will aim to respond to any request for information within 30 days and reserve the right to charge for an access request in accordance with applicable law.
- Amendments to Personal Data - To update personal data held by us, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal details will be updated on receipt of confirmation of the correct information from the individual.
- Erasure - You can request that your personal data be removed from our system.
- Restrict Processing - You can request that the use of your personal data is restricted.
- Data Portability - The data held by Tank Puffin will be the same as that information visible by logging into your account. If you have checked out as a guest and do not have an account, then you will not be able to directly access your data held by Tank Puffin. However, Tank Puffin will assist any individual who requests information held on our system for this purpose.
- Objection - Where we process data, an individual can object to any processing of their data at any time.
- Automated Decision Making and Profiling - We can confirm that the personal data held on our systems is not used for these purposes.
An individual can exercise any of these rights by emailing email@example.com.
We hope that you won't need to complain about our collection and use of your personal data. But if you do, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate and respond to your complaint.
Complaints can also be sent to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). Further information on your rights and how to complain can be found on the ICO website.
We do have relationships with carefully-selected suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit.
- Google Maps. [Cookie name: NNID PREF]
You can manage these small files and learn more about them from the article, Internet Browser cookies- what they are and how to manage them.
We're giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.